We welcome you to AIC 2019!
Registration opens Thursday night in the lower level reception area of the San Jose Convention Center. For those of you staying at the Hilton Hotel adjacent to the convention center, exit the hotel onto the convention center floor. Turn left, walk down the central isle, and turn left down the escalator to the lower level.
Friday during the day, we offer four concurrent workshops covering a wide range of topics ranging from beginning and advanced image processing tips and techniques to advanced software and hardware image acquisition tools.
Friday evening we continue the conference in the general session venue with additional presentations including video presentations from our sponsors.
Saturday we begin the general session with our Hubble Award lecture from this year’s award winner, Jay GaBany, followed by additional presentations from our workshop leaders and Sponsors.
More concurrent workshop sessions follow in the afternoon followed by a gala dinner Saturday evening at 6pm.
Sunday morning finishes up our workshop sessions followed by the highly anticipated Door Prize extravaganza. As our president Ken Crawford always has proclaimed, “You must be present to win”!
for a preview of the detailed agenda. OF PARTICULAR NOTE
1. All presentations will be digitally recorded and will be made available to all attendees following the conference. These presentations are professionally edited to provide a full education experience. You no longer need to take copious notes which might otherwise detract from your enjoyment of the presentations.
2. Our roster of exceptional speakers have world class image galleries on their websites. Links to their websites are included with the speaker bios. Their presentations will inspire us to reach for these levels of quality.
3. Where possible, we repeat the workshop presentations so you will have every opportunity to see the presentations that most interest you.
4. More than 40 exhibitors will highlight their products and services. The exhibition area will be open all day Friday and Saturday for you to explore their offerings.
5. An elaborate spouse tour including Carmel and Pebble Beach is planned for Saturday. See the topic below for details. Please note that the tour is limited to 23 participants so sign up early.
6. Last but certainly not least, we have planned a Saturday night Tuscan buffet feast that our convention center culinary staff guarantees that no one will go hungry! A selection of Tuscan themed entrees, salad, and desserts including Tiramisu, Cannoli and Almond Biscotti will comprise the meal. The exhibition area will be open Saturday evening until 9pm for all to explore. The Advanced Imaging Conference is shaping up again to be a do-not-miss experience for the astronomy imaging community.